Saturday, June 2, 2012

Crossfit Total (non-barbell version)

Today, after traveling 30+ hours yesterday, R & I woke up and went over to Crossfit Valdosta where the WOD was "The Crossfit Total" which is the classic Crossfit strength test.  Basically, you work up to your single-rep max in three barbell lifts -- backsquat, overhead press, and deadlift.  It's a great benchmarking measure.  Working out with a group is definitely motivating, and we both PR'd in at least one of those lifts.  (My total score = 518# and R = 795#)

Here's our non-barbell version of the Crossfit Total for y'all:
  • max air squats in 3 minutes
  • rest as needed
  • max pushups in 3 minutes
  • rest as needed
  • max situps in 3 minutes
Give it a try and post results to comments!

.

1 comment:

  1. I did this after doing my deadlifts and bench presses, so I think that my push-ups are a little low because of that. My max air squats were 85, max push-ups were 56 and max sit-ups were 80.

    ReplyDelete